Do you think you’re safe because you have anti-virus, a firewall, and you are pretty careful with what links you click on?
Ian, Curtis and I presented a special webinar where we discussed and showed (with a live demo) how:
- Hackers expand their access in your network
- Why even strong passwords are not enough to keep you safe
- Lazy and sloppy IT practices often lead to major downtime, reputation loss and liability
If you’re in one of these three positions, this is for you:
- Executive, decision maker, CFO, or CEO
- IT Manager or Technician/Engineers
- And any regular end-user as well
Here are some of the things we covered:
- Why we’re doing this
- Why even small companies get hacked
- Common objections to implementing standard IT security practices such as “its a pain”
- Not if, but what cybersecurity coverage to get
- Easy tips that everyone (even end-users) can follow, both at work and home for higher security
- How we (Kerkhoff Technologies / Crafty Penguins) can help
- Finish up with Q&A.
It is very important to know that security doesn’t actually exist… there is never true “peace of mind” when it comes to cybersecurity. But we can certainly reduce risk. Tools are important but just are the beginning – rules and process and awareness is really where it’s at. You can have the best security system installed at your house – but if you don’t actually turn it on, what’s the point? We did a live demo as well, showing how a bad guy can use a phishing email to your HR department to hack your server. Check it out! Strong passwords are definitely not enough to keep you safe. Lazy and sloppy IT practices often lead to major downtime, reputation loss and liability.